Tuesday 20 March 2012



Harry Potter

After much ‘gentle’ persuasion from some students, I finally got around to reading the Harry Potter series. Better late than never, it has been said. I have seen bits of the movies and had a general idea of what the books are about, but it wasn’t until I began reading that I fell in love with the story and the characters. I have now started the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, and am enjoying it tremendously.  I have always enjoyed reading fantasy, so the wizards and mythical creatures and events appeal to my imagination. I enjoy the way that J.K. Rowling builds up the conflict in the story and then leads us to an unlikely and unexpected conclusion. I highly recommend the series for any readers who enjoy the fantasy genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment